Graduate Assistant for Student Engagement:Digital Communication (formerly Marketing) - Fall 2019 - Spring 2020
The Graduate Assistant for Student Engagement: Digital Communication (formerly Marketing), Fall 2019
Required Professional Development Engagement:
· Attend CC Staff Meetings – every Tuesday morning, 8:30 - 9:30
· Bi-Weekly Check In with Marketing Team (on which you will serve) every other Tuesday after Full Staff meeting– 30 mins at most!
· Take Strengths Finder and Jobzology - for personal and professional growth
· Check-ins with supervisor at least twice a semester
· Meeting with campus OUR reps for digital comm. and get familiar with UNCW’s policies/guidelines on social media
Required Projects for Student Engagement: Digital Communication :
· Work aside event planning committees to foster innovation and creativity for event promotions.
· Assist with back-end care of the CC website (with Jobs & Credentials Coordinator)
· Update/Maintain CC Marketing Guide – to include the event planning template as a section and resource for the team
· Create posts for and maintain Social Media platforms (facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
o Create and implement a Digital Communication Workflow/Schedule
· Oversee internship photo contest (promoting, gathering photos, preparing them for judging, contacting winners, and posting pictures in the CC gallery)
· Be present, work at and support CC events as class schedule allows. This includes tabeling across campus.
· Ready to use on day one –Instagram, Facebook, Twitter (especially for groups or entities other than your personal account), MS Office, Photoshop and other photo editing programs, Dreamweaver or other website editing and design software
· Dabbled in and/or want more exposure to - Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Spark, Illustrator etc…), Cascade (web content management)
Resume, Cover Letter, examples of your past work, especially access to social media, websites and online portfolios or GitHub